Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Change SQL Server Analysis Server Mode Multi-Dimensional to Tabular Mode


Description :  Here I have define how to change SSAS [SQL Server Analysis Server] mode from multidimensional to tabular mode.


Procedure:

  1. Backup any multidimensional databases on your server and either detach them or delete them. You will not be able to load them on the tabular instance.
  2. Copy the msmdsrv.ini file to your desktop. For my instance (which I called TABULAR, I installed it like that from setup), I found the config file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSAS11.TABULAR\OLAP\Config.
  3. Open the config file in Notepad. Change the DeploymentMode property from 0 (multidimensional) to 2 (tabular), as pictured. Save and close the file. 
  4. Copy the msmdsrv.ini file back to the OLAP\Config directory.
  5. From services.msc, restart the Analysis Services instance.






No comments:

Post a Comment